1 ¼ cups kidney beans (not canned)
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 pounds lean ground beef/turkey
1 large red onion, chopped
3 Tbsp chili powder
2 jalapeño peppers, diced with seeds
2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups beef stock or broth
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- Soak kidney beans for 30 minutes as you prep the remaining ingredients. Drain and rinse the soaked beans.
- With the cooker’s lid off, heat oil on HIGH or “brown” until melted and sizzling.
- Place the ground beef/turkey and onions in the cooker and cook until ground beef/turkey is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and jalapeño peppers and cook 1 additional minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the corn. Securely lock the pressure cooker’s lid and set for 60 minutes on HIGH.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before performing a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Set the cooker to HIGH or “brown” and stir in the frozen corn kernels. Let simmer 3 minutes before serving.